Do you have a drill or screwdriver at home? When was the last time you used it? You may use the drill once a year, and then it will be untouched for many years. The idea of our project is to make use of these equipment by making them available to be rented in your neighborhood. We will design a web application similar to http://streetbank.com
To design and implement a PASS IT web application that provides lending services of household items to the neighbourhood.
- UserProfile (name, addressX, addressY)
- System Users From the authentication system (username, password)
- Product (name, pic, states, condition, payment Method(cash/paypal), availability/states)
- Transaction (Rent History, Payment Method)
- Reservation/RentQueue if more than one person want the same product
- Reviews (comment_id, user_id, product_id, comment, rating, datetime)
If a Borrower wants a drill, he/she has to signin the website. After signing in, he/she can search the item that wanted to be rent/borrow in 10m or so of the neighborhood a list of available items shows on the map with more details about that item and who owns it the user choose one from Jack who lives across the street and fill in how many days and name the price. An email is received if the offer is accepted. If the payment method is paypal, the borrower pays and transaction is completed.
Product Owner Role
The PO supposed to register first and choose post a product and enter the product details. An email is received if an offer is made. Owner can accept or reject the offer or even make that order as a gift for 1st time. When owner accepts an offer, and chooses payment method as PayPal, payment is sent to owner.
The Additional Features:
- Google Maps Integration
- Mashups with local stores
- PayPal Integration
What is this repository for?
- The Platform: Ruby v 2.1.2 on Rails v 4.1.5
How do I get set up?
- Summary of set up
- a working ruby version 2.1.2 recommended
- Rails v4.1.5
- reguler setup process bundle install rake db:migrate rake db:seed
any ideas/improvements are welcome give us an introductory and we will accept your pull requiste
Who do I talk to?
Repo owner or admin
- Ahmad Kaifi
- Hassan Althobaiti
- Vijayalakshmi Selvamani
Other community or team contact not yet